Concrete Lab Worktop / Countertop pre mix is a specially formulated flowable high-strength concrete mix for pre-cast concrete worktop, countertop, table, bar or sink projects.
The mix contains;
- Super-plasticizer additive to provide a flowable mix at low water/cement ratio.
- Alkali-resistant glass fibres - for strength and to lighten the finished product
- Premium cement formulation - to the specification we use ourselves in commercial applications
- Specific coarse-graded silica sand
- Metakaolin - a pozzolan to make the concrete more cohesive and less likely to bleed.
This high-flow self-consolidating formula minimizes the need for mechanical vibration. It is also pre mixed to be a reduced-shrinkage formulation.
Our premix system only requires the addition of water, producing high quality results every time.
The kit comes in 25kg buckets. One 25Kg Kit will produce a 1 metre length of standard width - 600mm - worktop at 20mm thickness.
One kit = 0.6m2 of concrete at standard 20mm depth
Concrete Calculator for worktops and table tops:
To work out how many kits you need for your project calculate the total surface area of the project in m2 and divide by 0.6 to give you the number of kits required. Always round up and consider the additional area required for any lip. Note; this is based on 20mm depth.
Mixing Instructions - PDF Download
Casting Instructions - PDF Download
Clicking the links above will open the documents in a new window in your browser, or right click to download.
For more information take a look at our How to... page